Re: foyle

I don't see that much of a comparison.  Dare is a huge 7 footer who has
problems with mobility and touch.

Foyle is a 6'10" with a strong build but very athletic.  He has good
mobility and runs well.

On top of this, Foyle puts up great rebounding numbers.  A previous poster
was saying watch out for him because although he rebounds/defends/runs
well - he is a bad shooter.  That could also be a description of
Shaq/Mutumbo/Dale Davis/Shawn Kemp(though he's gotten better)

Foyle will not need to hit the jumper, if he can lay his huge body on
someone, crash the boards, and clog the lane.  He needs to refine his
shooting game, but that is not a project in the same terms as
Dare/Montross.

Foyl may never be a star, but he seems like he will in the least be a Dale
Davis type player, and he could blossum into a true force at center.  His
pre-draft workouts will mean a lot, but based on what I've seen of him
(especially last year against UCONN) - we're talking about a player with
NBA level physical ability, good work ethic, but weak shooting/ball
handling skills.  A lot of very good centers and power forwards have come
from players like that.  On top of that, he has played well, despite (as
everyone mentions) the tripple teams he faces.  I'd like to see him in a
one on one situation against NBA 4's and 5's.  I think few could stop him
in the low post.  In other words, I put him with Van Horn and Battie as
players to take if Duncan isn't available.

Adam

One other note:  I've been seeing a lot of people comparing Van Horn to
the likes of Larry/Googs/ and even Chris Mullin.  He is a very differnt
player.  He runs the floor better than any of the above, and is a great
leaper (I've seen his vertical leap listed at both 37 and 38 inches).  He
handles the ball ok, but is not a great passer (he does not average many
assists, but can make a pretty pass).  What he does very well is run the
wing on the break, offensive rebound, and hit the jump shot.  He has
speed, leaping, a good quick release, and great range on the shot.  He is
much more like Sharif Abdur Rahim or a Derrick McKey than any of the early
mentioned players (though he is not yet in McKey's class as a defensive
player).  From all the times I've seen him, Van Horn seems to have the
potential to be a great NBA small forward.

Adam

PS.  ANybody else see the great tip in at the end of the Utah SMU game?