Good News! and Foyle Scouting Report

I think this Foyle thing is great.  It means that unless we get totally
fucked in the draft, we will get a big man or ron mercer, who now looks like
a third option, and Tony Battie bringing up the rear.  Awesome.  My only fear
is that we will start winning games, although I am beginning to suspect that
the close scores come from teams putting out half effort, and then tightening
down in the closing minutes.  Without a real shot blocker, we can't stop
anyone late.  I'll tell you what, though.  If we are going to release Todd
Day, he shouldn't be in the game late.  His heroics aren't part of our
future, and they can undo us in the lottery.  (Although I would like to see
him go for 40 in the Dallas game.)

Here, for your delectation, is Foyle's scouting report from Ultmate Sports
Basketball, the best of the preseason magazines:

Foyle:  6 10, 260 lmbs.
last years stats:  .536 fg%, .49 FT%, 1.4 a, 12.5 reb, 18.5 pts, 5.7 blocks a
game

Big fish in a small pond. . .Finished second nationally in blocked shots and
third in rebounding last season... had 21 points,24 rebounds, and six blocks
against UCOnn in the first round of the NCAA tourney. . .posesses great
strength and timing . .Has worked hard to develop a game facing the
basketball,