Re: Drafting a point guard

>>I haven't seen Jacque Vaughn play this year, and yes, I hate
>>Stanford because I went to Cal, but please...pray that the C's
>>don't draft Brevin Knight.  Knight is smallish (5'10"...ok,
>>maybe the media guide will say 6'0"!!!), has been in a shooting
>>slump all season, and his penetrating skills will come to
>>nothing with the big centers in the NBA.
>>
>>For the last time, we don't need a smallish guard with no
>>outside shot, a la Sherm.
>>
>I live over here in Sacramento and love to watch Cal and stanford games,
I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with you.  I watch a lot of Cal and
Stanfurd
games this season myself since I live here in San Francisco and I'm a
Cal alum.

>and love Brevin Knight and Ed Gray.  Gray might be a nice 2nd round choice
>but, Knight will be a top Point Guard in the NBA in years to come.  He has
As much as I love Ed Gray, he has never met a shot he didn't like.
The Cal team lived and died by him all season before he suffered
the broken foot.

Brevin Knight is not the answer...again, a smallish guard with no
outside shot (this year at least; he was better last year).

>>be shooting a low % but this guy can fill it up.  When his jumper is off
he
Unfortunately, it's been off quite a bit this year.

If other folks feel Jacque Vaughn is not an answer either, I don't
think there's any point guard worth drafting in the (early) first round.

IMHO, the way to build a championship team is to draft a tall
point guard a la Magic or Penny.  This type of PG could play off-guard
and can post up, creating tons of mismatches.  Unless there's
a strong supporting cast (e.g. John Stockton has Karl Malone), a smallish
point guard with no consistent shot in the NBA will get you nowhere.
Yes, I realize a Magic or a Penny doesn't come around that often.

Sorry about the lack of Celtics content, but people were talking about
us drafting a PG.