Re: Drafting a point guard

At 09:48 AM 3/4/97 -0800, Ivan K. Choi wrote:

>I haven't seen Jacque Vaughn play this year, and yes, I hate
>Stanford because I went to Cal, but please...pray that the C's
>don't draft Brevin Knight.  Knight is smallish (5'10"...ok,
>maybe the media guide will say 6'0"!!!), has been in a shooting
>slump all season, and his penetrating skills will come to
>nothing with the big centers in the NBA.
>
>For the last time, we don't need a smallish guard with no
>outside shot, a la Sherm.

I live over here in Sacramento and love to watch Cal and stanford games,
and love Brevin Knight and Ed Gray.  Gray might be a nice 2nd round choice
but, Knight will be a top Point Guard in the NBA in years to come.  He has
be shooting a low % but this guy can fill it up.  When his jumper is off he
creates for other people, off the dribble and is a good set-up man.  As for
Gray, he will surprize a lot of people as a strong bench player and maybe
more in the right situation.

Ed Gray;  24.3 points per game
          (3rd in NCAA)
Brevin Knight; 15.7 Points per game; 8.2 assists per game
	   (all-america)