Re: race for duncan

Jim,
Thanks for the information.  I didn't realize that Vancouver was banned
from the #1 overall pick.  That is great news.  It does seem that Boston
has the inside track on Duncan.

> In message <199703032132.NAA05770@hc1424.mdc.com>, Glenn Han said:
> > Everyone is assuming Boston will get Duncan.  Most likely Vancouver
> > will get Duncan and use him as a power forward or make a big trade.
> > Vancouver has already lost 4 more games than Boston.  It looks like
> > the Celtics will have to get Mercer or Van Horn or trade half the
> > team to get Duncan.  At this point I expect ML to tank the season
> > to get Duncan, even though I disagree with doing that.
>
> But, Glenn...Vancouver cannot get the first pick this year.  If their number pops up first, they get the second pick, and the next team (unless it is Toronto) gets the first pick.  If Toronto and Vancouver come up first and second, they get the second and third picks, and the next team gets the first pick.
>
> One of the conditions of expansion.
> --
> Jim McMaster
> mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com

- --

- -----glenn han
     McDonnell Douglas C17 - Long Beach, CA
     email:  c987587@hs1004.mdc.com

The "worst analogies ever written in a high school essay"
contest:

- -The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the
 way a bowling ball wouldn't. (Russell Beland, Springfield)

- -The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon.