Re: random thought snd questions?

> This is not correct...together, the top (bottom) three teams have a 60.7% of
> getting the first pick.  If you add the fourth-worst team, you get almost a
> 3/4 chance that one of them will get the top pick.  After the top three picks,
> the order of finish *is* the draft order.
I don't see how what I said wasn't correct.  My point is that order of
finish is not the same as where a team picks after the lottery.  The worst
record does not even come close to guaranteeing the number one pick.  It
is more likely that that worst record will not get the pick than it is
that they will.  As you just stated, there is a 25% chance that some team
other than the top four will get a top pick.  I was compairng the
advantage of being first to second (50 balls out of 1000) - a 5% extra
chance, and stating that is not worth putting a lot of worry to whether we
finish first or second.

> > 5.  Ok, I've seen Sura play several times now (last night was the worst) -
> > other than one pre-season game, I have seen little (besides a vertical
> > leap) to get excited over.  Why have there been so many calls to trade for
> > him?
> >
> Uhhhh....because he is a far better SG than anyone the Celtics have?  Of
> course, you can say that about practically every other SG in the league, too.

Well, I've yet to see Sura play better than Todd Day, Dana Barros, or Greg
Minor - based on box scores and the times he's been on TV - Sura has been
more inconsistent than Day, and less productive.  He is a better ball
handler than Minor, but has been very out of control.  What makes him a
far better SG than any of the Celtics guards?

Adam