Re: Walker's Game & Drafts

smishra wrote:

> > I looked at other rookies and, I am sorry to say, many of them are doing
> > better offensively than Walker.
> > e.g. Shareef-Adul Raheem, Kittles, Ray Allen
>
> Shareef I agree but Ray Allen and Kerry Kittles. Ray Allen is averaging
> 12.8 pts and 4 rebounds  a game and shooting 42%. Kittles is averaging 15.8
> a game and is also shooting 42%. Walker is averaging 15.9 a game, couple
> this with his 8.9 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.25 blocked shots..then is there
> even a question who is the clear winner?
>                                                                - Mishra

Reply:
An article in a Boston paper recently noted that using the unscientific
formula points+rebounds+assists-turnovers, Walker had the second highest
rating after Iverson.  Walker was very productive in February while
having to play center much of the time.  Let's see if he's chosen as
Rookie of the Month.  If so, then he's in the running for Rookie of the
Year.  If not, then we can figure he's being ignored.

Mike Dynon