Re: Draft and others....

M Berry stated:

>           Teams make a mistake by drafting for need: remember Eric
>           Montross over Eddie Jones? Michael Smith over Tim Hardaway?
>           Take the best player available, if that player happens to
>           play the same position as an established player, it gives
>           you depth and trade options.
>
>           Opinions?

Although others disagree, I do not.  Taking the best player gives you the
ability to move the odd man out.  Let's not take an Acie Earl or Hamer just
because we need a big man and someone 7"0" is available.  This draft is
fairly deep at the 2 & 3 position, we can more easily move a Fox, Williams
if we find someone better.