Re: Brian Williams

>What are our chances of signing Brian Williams?  He could demand more than
>we have to offer I suppose?

I would have liked the C's to sign him about 3 years ago before he signed
with Denver, but now b/c of the lack of big men he will command too much $$
for his skills.  He has said though that he wants to play for a young team
on the way up (the Celtics fit that description now, IMO).  I think he will
probably end up in Minnesota.

>Also, has anyone seen the much hated 76ers new roster!! They are going to be
>tough as hell.  They could offer Stackhousem Spoon, and another player for a
>big time guy like Antonio McDyce(sp?)(not that it would happen) and still be
>sitting pretty.  Come on Pitino Brown is kicking your ass!

That is yet to be seen, but if he is we have to remember he had a lot more
to work with than Pitino.  I will tell you this now:  The Celtics will have
a better record than the 76ers next year.

I just don't think all the people on the 76ers (iverson, jackson, stack,
thomas) will be able to play as a team.  Remember Jackson hated Kidd in
Dallas (in part) b/c he thought he didn't pass the ball enough.  Brown is a
better coach than Davis and will probably be able to reign Iverson in a bit
but add Derrick Coleman to the mix and I see big chemistry problems.  I
think they'll underacheive again and Pitino will get the Celtics to play to
thier ability and possibly overacheive a bit (30-40 wins, no way they win
15 games last year with a coach that was trying to win...but thanks ML!)

potential rosters:

Sixers:                 Celtics
Iverson                 Billups
J.Jackson               Mercer
Stackhouse              Williams
Tim Thomas              Walker
Monstrossity            ?? Free Agent (but we have Chris Wallace on our side)