Re: Draft Ruminations.

Bill raised some good points in his mail..but today's globe reports offer
the following solutions to the problem:

Radja : The biggest concern is not his altercations with the Celtics office
but his knees because if he rehabilitates his knees Panathinkos is willing
to step up and offer him a contract. As is they want to make 1 year 3 mill
offer, which means that if Radja clears the waiver wire and the celtics
absorb some of his salary the C's will be fine.

Dee Brown: RP says that there are teams that are interested in Dee, so
there is a good chance he will get traded.

Now analyzing the cap numbers:
After signing Billups & Mercer, the C's will be left with about 2 mill + 1
mill = 3 mill to play in the FA's market. If Radja goes, then that will
increment the nos by: 5.3 = 8.3 mill.

Somehow Peter May and co. haven't been able to reveal, teams interested in
Dee otherwise we could have analysed the status of contracts that we would
get in return and their expiry.

The mysterey to me is why RP and Wallace are not talking about moving
Barros & Minor except in generic terms.

Barros I understand a little bit because with the NBA going back to
original 3 pt line, his value to other teams increased. Teams <Washington,
Portland etc> with strong inside game but no outside threat would be
willing to give more in return for his services.

Minor has been the least talked about player, except for his domestic
troubles. He is actually an SF in a SG's body and also maybe the least
tradeable <outside of Ellison>. I see Minnesota having some use for him,
but Mchale given the choice would rather have Brown than Minor.

So in my overall anlysis, the contracts that we are saddled with (i.e
Ellison, Minor), total about 3.4 mill in the current cap, the rest in
varying degrees of difficulty appear to be moveable. What do you all think?
                                                                   - Mishra