battie,dino

Don Leventhal has a boner for Tony Battie, and is largely responsible for his
high stock among draftniks.   I like Battie's shot, but he is not an NBA shot
blocker -- more  of a horace grant type.  And also, the guy is dumb as a box
of hammers.  I'm happy we didn't take him.

Re: dino -- what are the rules regarding a crippled player?  I mean, if a guy
is permananenty injured, does the team have no rights at all?  Can a guy just
sit in street clothes on the bench for three years collecting millions of
dollars?  Don't teams have any rights here at all?