Re: Draft and stuff...

- ----------
> From: Matthew Booker         ext9156 <mbooker@tyndall.com.au>
> To: Celtics Send <celtics@igtc.com>; Jeff Tepper <jaytee@itasoft.com>
> Subject: Re: Draft and stuff...
> Date: Thursday, June 26, 1997 12:58 PM
>

> PErsonally i would chose McGrady, because i'm intrigued by his potential.
> I have no clue who Pitino would chose.
>
> I think he will go with Mercer. From what I heard he wasn't to impressed
> with McGrady at a workout. I saw McGrady play and I really have to
question
> the mechanics of his shot.
> We will find out soon I suppose.
>
> Matt

The way i heard it was that Pitino wasn't too impressed with McGrady until
after a workout, at which point he would consider him at 6.

But you were right; he went with Mercer and i'm behind him.  Pitino knew
more about both Mercer and McGrady than anyone else drafting, so if he
chose Mercer then I can count on him that he made the right decision.  I
also think that he is trying to speed up the rebuilding process as much as
possible, and so that lends to taking Mercer also.  McGrady is a few years
off from being able to really contribute and i guess that Pitino didn't
want to wait that long.

Jeff