Thank you, ML!

Hey folks, I had this long post all ready to go, and then my damn computer
crashed and I lost it all.  I will thus make this short and sweet.

ML Carr engineered the following trade:

Eric Montross and Samaki Walker for Antoine Walker and Ron Mercer.

Wow.  Think about that for a sec.  It's already an awesome deal.  In five
years, it could, all things going well, end up being a monster worthy of
mention with Red's best.  Thank you, ML Carr.  You did what you were
brought in to do, and I hope you got taken care of commensurately.

Good about the picks:

1) A lineup with the potential of Walker/Williams/Mercer/Billups.  Show me
a more athletic young lineup, 1-4.  C'mon, I dare you.

2) The fact that Pitino has set up his four stars to all play at different
positions, overlapping only through multipositionality, which has nothing
to do with multiple personality.  Ba dum dump!

3) MARTY!!!!!  Marty will be back!!!!  I guarantee it!

Wait and see about the picks:

1) Youth/Youth/Youth:  Any Dallas fans out there remember how pumped they
were about the super young backcourt of a few years ago?  "The Team of the
90's", they were calling it.  Will this similarly composed young Celts team
mesh?  Will it stay healthy? Will it implode?

2) Size/Size/Size.  Got to get some size.  Hopefully Dean Garrett or Brian
Williams can be picked up if Radja's salary is cleared.

2a) If the C's arbitration with Philly is successful, we'll get Cage and
'Spoon, who will promptly be shipped to Jersey for Jayson Williams. There's
a little size.

2b) If we get Radja back and can somehow clear his salary, then beacoup
bucks will be available for Williams or Garrett.

3) The Minor/Brown/Barros backcourt, perhaps the most highly paid trio of
backups in the history of the NBA, $8-10 mil a year for 3-4 years.  Dee
with 3, Dana and Minor with 4.  Think they're happy right now?

4) Best of luck to David Wesley.  May your huge efforts on behalf of the
C's translate into a long-term, multi-million dollar contract.  You deserve
it.

Best of luck, Rick!  And thanks again ML!

Chris