>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:28:28 -0400 (EDT)
>From: ADAM DAVID CHERIFF <acheriff@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
>Subject: Pippen trade
>
>About the Pippen trade,
>
>        I think maybe some of you should reconsider your thoughts on the
>Pippen trade.  If it's there we have to take it.  Talk all you want that
>he is overrated, but the bottom line is that he is an all-star, go-to guy
>which the Celtic's desperately need.

But how much good will that do the Celts in the long run? As someone else
said, this will help the Celts win another 10 - 15 games this season, maybe
make the playoffs, and in a year or two this guy will be gone.

What's the point?

>More importantly he gives the
>Celtics what the Globe correctly identifies as their biggest need:
>relevance.  Can't you just see the hype now?

yeah, I can......that's what the Celtics really need -- hype.

>Hopefully, it will start a
>chain reaction in Chicago and break up that team for good.  Now that
>would be an accomplishment.  It would give me a perverse pleasure to know
>that it was the Celtics who brought down the great Chicago dynasty.

Perverse pleasure is a good description. I am a lot more interested in the
Celtics accomplishing something more than simply breaking up the Bulls.

- -Marc