Re: Ben Pepper

Ben Pepper has been playing in the Australian National Under 22 squad which
are competing in the World Championships next month in Melbourne. He also
plays for the Newcastle Falcons in the National Basketball League over
here.

This selection has come as a shock to most Australians, let alone Celtic
fans. He is not exactly dominating our league over here. It is not
surprising that Chris Anstey was drafted, and I can only assume that the
Celts have tried to draft another tall, skinny, raw talent in the same
vein.

Though I am not sure of his stats this year, he has definately not been
amongst the best Centres in our league, let alone worthy of an NBA
contract. I would be surprised if he makes the team at all.

Put it this way....He makes Steve Hamer look like Hakeem!!!

Regards

Simon Kean
skean@c031.aone.net.au