Re: Pippen deal

The deal was a serious one.  Pitino just said that Pippen has a younger
body than his age and that he could see if still have five or six great
years left in him.  The Celtics offered the two draft picks for him and
Longley.  The Bulls wanted more.  The Celtics offered more.  But the Bulls
wanted too more.  Pitino said the deal was off at 3:30 today.

He was asked would he trade his two picks tonight for that pair.  He said
it is time to go out celebrating.

Vinny