Re: Blessing in Disguise

<< If, as it appears, Dino has blown the trade, he will probably retire and
go
 play in europe.  I don't see how David Stern could force us to take him
back.
  If you start letting players void trades, then nobody but the Knicks and
 Lakers are ever gonna get players.  So this might mean our getting five
 million dollars to play with right now and up front.  Think about it.

I don't think the league could force this based on him failing the exam - if
he had just refused to report it would have been a different story. I'm
afraid we are at Dino's mercy regarding retirement. Hopefully he knows he's
in for misery ahead and will opt to retire and play in Europe.

Otherwise, there is always the possibility (no matter how remote) that he
will recover from his injury, showcase his ability, and we can find another
sucker.

George

"You mean now I gotta start thinking about the Celtics again?" -- Charles
Barkley