Pippen trade

About the Pippen trade,

	I think maybe some of you should reconsider your thoughts on the
Pippen trade.  If it's there we have to take it.  Talk all you want that
he is overrated, but the bottom line is that he is an all-star, go-to guy
which the Celtic's desperately need.  More importantly he gives the
Celtics what the Globe correctly identifies as their biggest need:
relevance.  Can't you just see the hype now?  Hopefully, it will start a
chain reaction in Chicago and break up that team for good.  Now that
would be an accomplishment.  It would give me a perverse pleasure to know
that it was the Celtics who brought down the great Chicago dynasty.
	Further, several analysts have made the valid point that
"rebuilding" with draft picks is no longer realistic given the fact that
most picks look to move on in free agency by the time they have begun to
develop.  Admittedly, I would lament the loss of the two young players we
could potentially get, but come on guys, we have to do this.  Also, I
heard that Longley was part of the deal which would address another of
our needs.  Thoughts?

								A.C.