Re: Day Before the Darft

- ----------
> Well if we have the forward position full we don't need a
> forward of any kind so that means we won't resign fox and we won't draft
Battie or Van Horn or Thomas or trade for baker or williams right? Right.
So what do we need?  Well I think we go for guards in this draft so we take
Daniels or Billups at the point and Mercer or McGrady for our
> off gaurd and then we try to sign a few big bodys like Garrett or Knight
or Miller as free agents or keep some of our centers that we have right
know and play center by commity (sp) This would give us solid players at
all positions exept center but we would have at least 3 players to handle
that and it would give us 18 fouls which is always good and it will mean we
wouldn't have a player playing out of position like Walker
> at or  Vin at Center.  and it will give us a playoff team if they all
> jell
>
> What do you think??

I think Pitino is leaning toward Van Horn & Mercer or Mcgrady, but we could
see a big trade for McDyess or Baker.

I heard the Lakers were offered #4 for Van Exel ?

It make sense not to sign wesley & Fox until we sign other since we can go
over the cap to  resign our own players, a mistake that Miami made by
re-signing Mourning before Juwan Howard.

With Williams & Spoon at the 3 one will be moved I believe, possibly to
Jersey for Jayson Williams.  It would be nice to get Baker for Williams &
Williams, they we can go out and get Van Horn a 3 that can shoot the 3,  &
Mercer or McGrady, Someone like Eisley or Declerq & then resign Wesley &
Fox at a decent price.

Baker   	McDyess ?
Walker
Van Horn ? Fox