Re: Bad Mouthing Dino

Adam A Suchocki wrote:

> For the record, I think Dino has screwed up by not going public and
> either
> showing up for the physical or stating what exactly he is doing, but
> on
> the other hand, his side of all of this is getting run over, and I'm a
>
> little annoyed at Pitino's propaganda attacks and such...
>
> Supposedly no one can find Dino - has anyone checked the local
> hospitals to see if Zeljanna has checked in to one.

Who says they have'nt?  It is possible, and more than likely, that the
Celtics know exactly where Dino is.  That they have contacted him, and
insisted that he attend the physical.  However, they can not make him
go.  What are they going to do?  Have a couple of goons drag him there?
They really have no legal recourse until he fails to show up.

> Second, in an interview several days before the trade, Dino went on
> record
> as saying he had been told that the Celtics would not trade him.

Was it on paper?  Maybe they lied to him, maybe they did'nt.  Big deal.
I know this is hard, but the reality is that basketball is a business.
Part of the reason why players are millionaires is because their life
can be upturned in a heart beat.  When you are traded--that's it.  Or
rather that should be it.

> Again, I feel Dino is screwing up big time by not at least contacting
> Boston and Philly and talking.  At the same time, I feel Pitino has
> handled this much worse than he should have.  First, if he told Dino
> he
> would not be traded, he should have handled the dealings with Dino
> much
> better (instead of publicly ridiculing the guy for being upset that
> Pitino
> went back on his wod.  Second, he should have given Dino a chance to
> work
> things out (and take the physical) before launching his media attack.

Once again, who is to say he hasn't tried the above, and that his
handing this to the media is a last resort.  This would make the most
sense to me.  Although we would like to think we are clued into what is
going on with the Celtics.  We would be deluding ourselves, if we think
we really are privy to what is going on behind the scenes.

All I can say is that Dino better get his ass to Philly in time.  Unless
we can void his contract completely, and get it off our cap.  Ethier way
I don't want his salary back as a Celtic.

Adam Litchy