Re: Bad Mouthing Dino

> First, the papers reported that Dino's wife was due to give birth to
their
> first child any day now (the expected date was in three days for what
it's
> worth).  Supposedly no one can find Dino - has anyone checked the local
> hospitals to see if Zeljanna has checked in to one.

The media says within a week..Dino was spotted eating at an Italian
Restaurant on the North end yesterday.

> Second, in an interview several days before the trade, Dino went on
record
> as saying he had been told that the Celtics would not trade him.

But theceltics have also said repeatedly that everybody except Walker is
tradeable. Doesn't that include Dino too.

> He stated that he appreciated them being up front with him and telling
him
> where he stands, because he has had serious problems with previous
> organizations telling him he's part of the future and then constantly
> dangling him on the trade blocks.  He seemed to truly have believed
> Pitino's claim that he would not be traded this year.

So what is new about that, it happens to everybody. Organizations have to
do posturing to show that they are not desperate to trade a player when
they actually are.  It happend to Barkley, Pippen etc. and it can happend
to Dino Radja big deal!.

> Dino had also publicly claimed he only wanted to play for the Celtics,
> because it was a personal challenge to rebuild after the last few years
> and prove the team could win.  He said he might retire to Europe if
> traded.

He now has been traded and true to his words he should retire to Europe.

> Pitino then comes out with "spin control" and starts throwing
> around the "Club Med" joke, trying to make it look like DIno was making
> unrealistic demands.

Teams in NBA are not falling head over heels to trade for Dino. They have
been trying to move him for a while now..and now that there is a deal, he
is hell bent on screwing it.

> Pitino's details of the "infamous" talk between Wallace and Radja the day
> before the trade keep changing.  First he claimed that they asked Radja
> stay the summer, and his refusal lead to the trade.

This is media's conclusion not what Pitino said. All Pitino has said, that
he was not looking forward to trade Dino but if there was a deal that
benifited the Boston Celtics he would do it. He has said that over and over
again in yesterday's press conference.

> Again, I feel Dino is screwing up big time by not at least contacting
> Boston and Philly and talking.  At the same time, I feel Pitino has
> handled this much worse than he should have.

I don't see that all Dino was asked to undergo a physical in Philadelphia.
This happens in free agency and if as a player you can't handle it..don't
be in the league.

> First, if he told Dino he
> would not be traded, he should have handled the dealings with Dino much
> better (instead of publicly ridiculing the guy for being upset that
Pitino
> went back on his wod.

It happens all the time in NBA and posturing is part of the process. Pitino
has to be upset by Dino's actions, so what does he say when he was asked
that question.

> If he had dealt with Dino more squarely, Dino would probably have gone to
> Philly right away (assuming his wife isn't in labor) or made apublic
> announcement that he was retiring.

We don't know that.

>  Now all we have is two parties
> unwilling to deal with eachother, who might be stuck with eachother for
> another three years.  Although the specifics of the deal may have shown
> good management sense, the handling of it was truly bush league.

I think RP handled it the way it is done..just because he told Dino that he
won't trade him and traded him because he got a good deal is part of the
process. It happens in the NBA all the time, the ball is in Dino's court
now, unlike in the strickland case, Philly (who realise that they have been
outfoxed in this deal) is neither willing to extend the deadline or waive
the physical.

 - Mishra