Re: trade and draft

Jeremy wrote:

>		<snip>
>
>         Battie's stock is dropping because he was measured at 6' 9.5" at
> the Chicago camp.  Thus he will never be a center.
>		<snip>
>
> Jeremy

Obviously, Jeremy, you've never heard of a couple of
"less-than-six-foot-nine-and-a-half-inchers" named Bill Russell and Dave
Cowens (not to mention Wes Unseld at 6'7").

Don't anybody try to tell me that "the players today are bigger and
stronger", so guys like Russell and Cowens couldn't play today.

Baloney.

Russ had to go against Wilt (7'2") and the Red Head had to go against
guys like Walt Bellamy and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

This is NOT an endorsement for the Celts to draft Battie.  I'm just
cautioning everyone against judging a "center" by his height.

Joe.