Re: Rumours...

So let me pose this question, suppose hypothetically the C's are
ready to deal Minor + Brown + Ellison + Williams + Weatherspoon + 3rd + 6th
 who could we deal it to and what can we get in return. You are allowed to
break it any way you like and the salaries should match. The salaries of
incumbents on the celtics side is = 1.8 + 3.25 + 1.76 + 1.0 + 2.8 = 10.61.
>                                                                    -
Mishra

>  Another possible move is a package unloading a barros or Brown to
Indiana for Dale Davis, but once again, Davis is another player who is not
lottery pick caliber and have not really increased their value in the
league, and at $5-$7M a year,  why would we want to give up good lottery
picks for them ?

I think if it will happen the big moves will happen on draft day or after
when we actually see who we get at 3 & 6, we could be picking for Milwaukee
on a Baker deal or Denver for McDyess.

What about this scenario 3 & 6 to Denver for McDyess & 5 if what Denver
really wants Billups, Van Horn or Mercer and they are there at 3 ?

It is highly probable if a team is building up & talking about taking a
player, they will not take them, and if they are quiet they just might
hoping the teams picking above do not.  Depending on how the teams really
rank Battie, Billups, Mercer, Van Horn, & Thomas we could see some
interesting moves like the Marbury deal.  The smoke is thick ! Denver on
Van Horn (really wanting Billups, Battie, or Mercer to fall) Celtics on
Mercer hoping he will be there at 3 or 6 ?

I think we can get a decent point in Brent Barry, Howard Eisley, or
resigning Wesley, so it would be beneficial to go elsewhere in the draft.

Needs/possibilities:

San Antonio 1, 2, 4  	Duncan
Philly 1?, 3?,  5 		Billups ? Thomas ? Battie ?
Boston 1, 2, 5  		Mercer ? Van Horn ? Battie ? Billups ?
Vancouver 1, 2 or 3 	(depending on where they think Rahim fits), 4
	 		Battie ? Mercer ? Van Horn ?
Denver 1, 2, 3, 5  	Daniels ?  Mercer ?  Battie ?
Boston 			Daniels ? Mercer ? Van Horn ? Thomas ?
Jersey 1?, 3, 4,  5?  	Thomas ? Van Horn ? Daniels ?