Re: Celtics trade Radja

> > Other than unloading Dino's contract & freeing up cap room in future>
years.> > This trade helps Philly more than it does us.  Cage is too old &
> > Weatherspoon has never did anything.
>
> Spoon stats compare favorably with Radja 16.2 ppg, 8.4 rpg 2.1  apg 1.2
spg> 1.1 bpg while shooting 47% from field and 75% from free throw line.
In> fact Spoon's APG and FT% is better while Radja's FG% is better. I would
> rank them as even..true Radja is a big body but he never was a physical
> presence.
>
> > My vote, thumbs down, we could have gotten more.
>
> I don't think so, Radja's name has been mentioned in many trade rumours
in
> the last couple of years and no team was willing to give anything of
> consequence in return. Pitino wins this one hands down trading an oft
> injured, overpaid player for a young player with a shorter contract and
> lesser salary.
>                                                            - Mishra

I like the idea of moving Weatherspoon for Jayson Williams.  Williams would
give us another physical player  inside, move Minor for Brent Barry & take
Mercer & McGrady. Or maybe move the #6 & either Williams' for Vin Baker &
resign Fox & we would have added a lot of size & quickness very rapidly.
If we are lucky maybe Dedric Willoughby a sharpshooter will drop to 55.