Re: globe news (!)

- --=_ORCL_11787421_0_11919706191232500
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> They haven't done this, I hope, because they know it would be
> counterproductive.  Look, the next level for the C's right now is not
> having their collective noses shoved in the dirt.  This team needs time.
> I love the Celts, and I believe Pitino can work miracles, but keep that
> first for next year, because it will be a lottery pick.  The rookies
> from this year will be on second contracts before the C's threaten for
> the championship.  Let's be patient people, if we have survived the
> Rumpelstiltskin act the leprechaun has pulled over the last eleven
> years, we can be patient enough not to try for the quick one or two year
> fix.

Let's assume that it will be a lottery pick..so who are we going to draft next
year? According to scouts there is no big player even in high school who's
capable of developing into a legit center. The next years class of top
draftee's is almost predictable and will include: Jamison, LeFrantz, Paul
Pierce, Miles Simon, Lamar Odom. It's possible that there will be somebody
else whose stock will rise and he makes to the top but chances of that
happening is remote. I don't see a big time center or a marquee player in the
above bunch, so how does it matter if we give away a draft pick this year to
either clear the salary cap or get a marquee player.
                                 - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_11787421_0_11919706191232500