Re: globe news (!)

- --------------0BC22F487EBA9ED8C0F344FE

- --------------76D25B10F836216F73A26E12

smishra wrote:

> Add Wesley and Conlon to the mix and the roster will be complete. The
> only
> problem is that as the draft day nears it looks like we won't be able
> get rid of any dead-wood at all, nor will be able to add that one
> quality
> player that can take the C's to the next level. I am surprised that
> the C's
> have not dangled next years 1st rounder in any of the draft talks. -
> Mishra

They haven't done this, I hope, because they know it would be
counterproductive.  Look, the next level for the C's right now is not
having their collective noses shoved in the dirt.  This team needs time.
I love the Celts, and I believe Pitino can work miracles, but keep that
first for next year, because it will be a lottery pick.  The rookies
from this year will be on second contracts before the C's threaten for
the championship.  Let's be patient people, if we have survived the
Rumpelstiltskin act the leprechaun has pulled over the last eleven
years, we can be patient enough not to try for the quick one or two year
fix.

                                                Forever Green

- --
Geoffrey H. Carr

English Instructor
Asahikawa Board of Education
Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

Voice and Fax 81-166-36-2335
E-mail  boston@eolas-net.or.jp

Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current.

- --------------76D25B10F836216F73A26E12

<HTML>
smishra wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Add Wesley and Conlon to the mix and the roster will
be complete. The only
<BR>problem is that as the draft day nears it looks like we won't be able
<BR>get rid of any dead-wood at all,<I> nor will be able to add that one
quality</I>
<BR><I>player that can take the C's to the next level. I am surprised that
the C's</I>
<BR><I>have not dangled next years 1st rounder in any of the draft talks.</I>
- - Mishra
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
They haven't done this, I hope, because they know it would be counterproductive.&nbsp;
Look, the <I>next level</I> for the C's right now is not having their collective
noses shoved in the dirt.&nbsp; This team needs time. I love the Celts,
and I believe Pitino can work miracles, but keep that first for next year,
because it will be a lottery pick.&nbsp; The rookies from this year will
be on second contracts before the C's threaten for the championship.&nbsp;
Let's be patient people, if we have survived the Rumpelstiltskin act the
leprechaun has pulled over the last eleven years, we can be patient enough
not to try for the quick one or two year fix.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Forever Green

<P>--
<BR>Geoffrey H. Carr

<P>English Instructor
<BR>Asahikawa Board of Education
<BR>Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

<P>Voice and Fax 81-166-36-2335
<BR>E-mail&nbsp; boston@eolas-net.or.jp

<P>Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------76D25B10F836216F73A26E12--

- --------------0BC22F487EBA9ED8C0F344FE

begin:          vcard
fn:             Geoffrey  Carr
n:              Carr;Geoffrey
org:            Asahikawa Board of Education
adr:            Kyoinjutaku A-21;;Higashiasahikawa kita 1-6-8-8;Asahikawa ;Hokkaido;078;Japan
email;internet: boston@eolas-net.or.jp
title:          Instructor
tel;fax:        0166-36-2335
tel;home:       0166-36-2335