Re: globe news (!)

It appears more and more likely that the C's will end up drafting Battie
and Mercer because right now amidst all the smoke I see the first eight in
the draft going as under:

1) Duncan
2) Billups
3) Battie
4) Daniels
5) Van Horn
6) Mercer
7) Thomas
8) Foyle

The C's for 97-98 are likely to look like:
(C)   - Radja, Ellison
(PF) - Battie, ???
(SF) - Walker, Williams
(SG) - Mercer, Minor
(PG) - Barros, Brown

Add Wesley and Conlon to the mix and the roster will be complete. The only
problem is that as the draft day nears it looks like we won't be able to
get rid of any dead-wood at all, nor will be able to add that one quality
player that can take the C's to the next level. I am surprised that the C's
have not dangled next years 1st rounder in any of the draft talks. - Mishra