Why Jordan is not the greatest player of all time.

Rhett,

I'll tell you what I've been telling all my friends here.

Michael Jordan entered the league in 1984 (I believe) and it took him
*7* years to win a title. And he couldn't do until he had Pippen.

In *2* years, Larry Bird brought the Celtics a championship. Before
Larry came to the Celts in 1979-80, the Celts were 29-53. The first year
he was with them, they won 50+ games (as I recall). That's a 20+
turnaround because of 1 guy. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about the
specific games won/lost.)

And in 1980-81, the Celts went all the way. All this in a league that
wasn't diluted by expansion and included Dr. J AND Magic Johnson. Who is
out there to harass Jordan on his "superstar" level. No one.

This is my reasoning for why Larry Bird is the greatest PLAYER of all
time. Michael Jordan is probably the greatest ATHLETE of all NBA time,
possibly the greatest SCORER. But it took him almost 4 times as long to
win a title as it did Bird.

Rich (bleeding green in Oklahoma)