Re: heard through the grapevine

- --=_ORCL_11655515_0_11919706131259530
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> Does anyone know about these things I have heard over the last few days?

> 1. Someone on the Usenet draft (real fun for draft junkies like me--if
> people want I will post the web site) said that if a team (they were
> talking about Philly) eats (or buys out) a contract (in this case Derrick
> Coleman) it takes it off the cap...is this true, sounds kinda implausible?
> That could have great implications for the celts (bye-bye Pervis, Minor,
> Dana, etc.)

It is true but the contarct should have a buy out clause. Derrick Coleman's
contract has a buyout clause for next year for 5 million where-in Philly can
pay him off and get rid of him. This is one big reason why the Isaiah wants
him at Toronto, so that next here he will be suddenly 13 mill under the cap
and will be ready to bid for FA's.

2.  David Robinson has a no-trade clause (meaning in the future either
Duncan goes or they both stay)

I don't know about this one.
                                    - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_11655515_0_11919706131259530