heard through the grapevine

Does anyone know about these things I have heard over the last few days?

1. Someone on the Usenet draft (real fun for draft junkies like me--if
people want I will post the web site) said that if a team (they were
talking about Philly) eats (or buys out) a contract (in this case Derrick
Coleman) it takes it off the cap...is this true, sounds kinda implausible?
That could have great implications for the celts (bye-bye Pervis, Minor,
Dana, etc.)

2.  David Robinson has a no-trade clause (meaning in the future either
Duncan goes or they both stay)