Kemp, Walton & others

I remember how excited I was two years ago about drafting at #14.
Wow!!  This is something.  Thanks for the good info on the draft.

On Kemp:  A student (that I continue to correspond with) grew up with
Shawn and still talks to him occasionally; she gave me a very positive
view of the man.  I think he is the best player in the West (and I have the
six foot poster of Karl--plus an autographed BB--in my office).  Pitino's
deal is for six years; Kemp certainly has six good years; I'd go for it.  He
was the best Seattle player in the playoffs last year.

Plus, I like Bill Walton.  I wouldn't even turn up the sound if it weren't for
him.  He's the Howard Cosell of the NBA--unafraid to share his opinions,
often brash and even wrong, but decisive.  I like his criticisms of Karl and
his defense of Rodman--and I love the one and loathe the other.  I like his
voice--yes, his voice.  After all, he played the game pretty well and
knows some stuff.  NBC has him on there because the game is in color
and they need a colorful announcer.  He's the man.

Gene  (keep #3; take Mercer unless we can get Kemp)