Re: Coach Brown

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 RSMALL@clarku.edu wrote:

> >If I were Coach Brown:  I would (hear me out, now) trade Iverson for the
> >highest pick possible plus a future #1 or quality young big man (??), draft
> >Mercer, and draft Billups (or Van Horn and buy Eisley of Utah).  Then, I
> >would have Billlups, Stackhouse, Mercer, Weatherspoon, Coleman and
> >another top player from the draft.  A coach could make something of that.
> >I have my doubts about what he can do with the world's fastest
> >pointguard.
> >
> >I wouldn't be surprised if Iverson becomes a high-priced  journeyman
> >after another year.  Of course, I would have kept Jr. Burrough.
> >
> >Gene
> >

> I'll take him.  If Ricky P. is what we think he is, he would turn Iverson into
> the best point in the game.
>
> Rich,,,

So would I. C'mon Gene, let's face it. The guy can get by on his physical
gifts alone. He averaged 20 plus without much of a jumpshot. If you've
seen this guy play, you would know what I mean. Were Iverson to
work on his game over the summer and start thinking team more, I think the
76ers would be a force to be reckoned with over the next decade. - Danny