Re: Denver Post article good. Peter May bad.

Greg,

	I have not seen him play first hand.  Not many people have, at
least against serious competition.  That is why he's been kind of an
X-factor.  He's 6'10" (Pitino says 6'9"), 255.  On the plus side, he is
very athletic, with good speed and hands.  In 3 years at Colgate, he set
the NCAA record for blocks, more than Tim Duncan in 4 years, though against
lesser competition.  The Celts' scout Leo Papile is reported to be high on
the guy.  The rap is that he is, at best, unpolished offensively, and has
never played against real competition.  He also makes Shaq and Montross
look like polished free-throw shooters.

	His freshman year, as the 16th seed to Kansas #1 in the NCAA
tourney, he mauled the Kansas front line of Pollard, Lafrentz, and
Ostertag, and late in the game Kansas, a 30 point favorite, enjoyed a very
fragile 8 point lead.  Foyle was given a standing O from the crowd when he
left the game.  He had sick averages last year (24/13 with 6 blocks per
game).  He plays in summer leagues with the pros and has gotten high praise
from, among others, Magic.

	I have heard folk say he is a project and a stiff.  Folks agree
that while it may take a couple years, he has a huge, All-Star potential
upside.  NO ONE who has ever seen him play has said he is a stiff.

	The C's need big.  IMO, they must get this guy.

Chris