Mercer & Walker

Pitino's comments on Mercer should put the Walker issue to bed, or at least
as far as Pitino sees it.

Ron Mercer, 6-7, Kentucky. ``I've heard it
suggested we can't take Ron Mercer because of some friction with Antoine
Walker.Let me say, unequivocally, that is not true. I know Antoine very
well - he's like a son to me - and he is capable of saying anything. He
might have said we don't need Ron  Mercer, because we need a big man. But
there is no
problem with Ron Mercer, because he doesn't have an ego. He needs more off
an ego. He will  be a fine 2-guard in the NBA. People say, `So why don't
you take him?' We might, but it's not that simple.''