Minor

Let's please not resort to using terms on this list that we would not say
aloud.  Racism is an ugly thing and unless you've seen it or experienced it
firsthand (I'm white, but my husband is not and I now see things that I
NEVER could have before I was with him), you can not begin to understand
what it does to someone's self-esteem and psyche. So many people walk
around thinking that they have the answer to life because they have light
skin. It doesn't make sense.  I'm saddened to think that this community
(this list) has come to this. I used to like to read the posts, but lately
there are some things written that are not pleasant to read.  I'm for a
debate, but on terms that are mature and rationale.

Rodney King said it best...."can't we all just get along?"

On Greg Minor: pond scum for sure, but the courts WILL get him.  He's
nothing more than a deadbeat Dad.  In Massachusetts they hunt you
down....the mother of his children should move here.  He would be paying
and paying and paying if the case was in Mass. Nonetheless, I am sure that
he will be held accountable through the court system.  Also, I would think
that Mr. Minor will hear it from the fans, his teammates and his coach on
this matter. It does relate to his professional life because he chose a
profession that puts him in the public eye. If he were a politician, people
would not vote for him. He's an entertainer who has to appear before the
public a couple of times a week to perform his work. He'll hear it.

Thank God he has a job that pays him enough to support those children
financially.  To me, the bigger issue is his abandoment of his children
emotionally.  That will scar them much more than living in the "wrong"
neighborhood.

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Student and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu