lakers/celtics

Disclaimer: I am not saying that the lakers are anywhere near the quality of
the celtics of the eighties, I'm just making a comparisons.

Isn't it interesting how many similarities today's lakers have to the
celtics of the 80's? Both teams have/had an almost unstoppable post
man(mchale and shaq--although Mchale could make his foul shots and their
styles are different). Both have another enigmatic post man(Parish and
Campbell) who takes/took more of the offensive load when their partner in
the post was/is out. Two extremely good defensive two guards(DJ and Jones).
Volatile point guards(Ainge and Van Exel--their only similarity). Three
point threats at the small forward(Bird and Horry--I am not saying Horry is
as good as Bird, repeat; Horry is nowhere near as good as Bird). Also both
teams had the best shotblocking frontcourt and extremely good halfcourt
defense. Although the lakers are nowhere near as good as the celtics were
and probably never will be, I think the way West configured the lakers shows
a lot of respect for the celtics.
        This is especially ironic when you look at what the celtics are
doing now, considering we just hired a coach who specializes in the
transition game.Showtime celtics anyone?

The times they are a changin'.

Noah