Re: Point Guard

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997 10:34:53 -0700 "JLyell" <jlyell@concentric.net>
writes:

>> If Rick Pitino`s style of play is the same, which is to push the
>ball up
>the floor,shoot the three and pass to a guy coming off of a screen?  I
>think Dee and Dana can contribute. Rick`s style is a Tony Delk type
>player,
> a former  point guard that won a national championship.  This should
>tell
>you the type point guard he is looking for.
>
>Unfortunately the NBA's version of the Run & Shoot,  as in the NFL,
>has
>failed miserably.  Just ask Jerry Tarkanian & Paul Westhead who had
>successful college programs with this style but were major flops in
>the
>NBA.  Defense is a key to success.

Rick stated that the Celtics will play Defense and I believe his words
will come true.  also, Kentucky was very dangerous when they setup in
their half court offense, because they were so hard to guard.  The
players in this system are very versatile.  Furthermore,  I think you
forgot to ask Pat Riley and the Lakers.