Trade Dino/#6 Pick To Vancouver

news:19970601201400.QAA09307@ladder02.news.aol.com
tb869@aol.com (TB869) wrote:
>OK Celts fans...after pondering the best situation for the Celtics...THIS
>IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!
>
>We might be able to get the 3rd and 4th pick in the draft.  How?
>
>Vancouver needs a point guard and a power forward and has already
>expressed desire to trade down in the draft.  This is what we do.  Offer
>Dino plus #6 for their #4.  This works for both teams.  First, this
>enables Vancouver to have a front line of Abdur-Rahim, Reeves, and
>Dino...plus with the #6 they draft Daniels or Knight.  They get two
>starters for moving down two spots in the draft.  Additionally, they have
>little hope to attract any big free agents because it's a bad team and in
>Canada...and to get someone of Dino's calibre, it would cost them at least
>5.3 mil a year.  They will get a proven NBA power forward (18pts 10rbs)
>who is signed till 2001 (?).  This would be a much improved team over last
>years...and a better team than adding just a Mercer/Battie.
>
>OK...so we get cap room getting rid of Dino's 5.3 million per year
>contract.  Then we do this:
>
>#3  Mercer
>#4  Battie  (I'm assuming Philly takes Thomas with #2 pick...Brown really
>likes him)
>
>This gives us
>PF  Walker (triple double man)
>C    Battie (shot blocker/rebounder)
>SF  Williams (slasher)
>SG  Mercer (scorer)
>PG  Barros (scorer)
>
>WE GET:
>1.  One of the youngest frontcourts in the NBA.
>2.  A very athletic frontcourt....and Mercer!
>3.  A nucleus to build around (still need a better point guard).
>4.  A little cap room to sign maybe a Brian Williams or Travis Knight...or
>save the dough.
>
>Well this is the solution...I think Vancouver might go for it if Dino's
>trade value is not diminished from his injuries.  I know Williams/#6 would
>get it done, but I wouldn't want to part with him for just two spots up in
>the draft.  What do you think?

- --

GO CELTICS!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO RED SOX!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO CELTICS!!!!
GO RED SOX!!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***Member of the Reggie Lewis Club***
***Member of the Larry Bird Club***             ***Member of the John
Valentin***
***Member of the Antione Walker Club***         ***Member of the Tim
Naerhing***
***Member of the Anson Carter Club***
  ***Member of the Cammeron Mann Club***
***Member of the Steve Heinze Club***