Paul's pessimistic post is more right than wrong. I'm hoping he's wrong
and that Pitino is a great judge of athletic talent and of character and
that these players will shine like never before. But Paul is right in
pointing out that virtually all of the players we now have must suddenly
and dramatically improve. Maybe they will - I hope so - and maybe the
system Pitino will install will provide the proper stage and atmosphere
to make that happen - again, I hope so. But that is a lot of hoping and
I believe that my optimism for this team is surely a triumph of hope
over experience. Thanks for the reality check Paul, but please be wrong.

- - tom