>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 00:55:33 -0400
>From: bocelts@scsn.net (R. Bentz Kirby)
>Subject: Re: god

[snip]

>Does Jordan, his agent or the Bulls give a damn about us fans?  No, and
>we end up with spoiled brats like AW arguing with DJ and insulting him.
>Blaming DJ, because he is a big baby trying to pad his stats.  No, the
>game today is run by agents and spoiled children.  Why does Jordan need
>or want $40,000,000.  Hell, I say the Bulls ought to not sign Jordan and
>donate the money to the City of Chicago to pay cops and teachers.  That
>would be a better use of the money.
>
>This thread just shows that sports fans, agents and players have lost
>touch with values.  And have turned them upside down.

When and where did these "values" you speak of ever exist in professional
sports? Ask any veteran of the NBA and most will tell you that they would
love to be playing today and making the kind of money today's players get.
The only thing truly driving the economics of pro basketball is the fact
that it has become incredibly popular. While there may be a few cable
holdouts like yourself, the "bottom line" here is that many people are
willing to pay a lot of money to watch these guys.

- -Marc