Re: god

Richard Cahillane wrote:

> "Jordan is better than those 4 put together?  MJ is good but not
> GOD...
> doubt he could beat 2 of those one-on-one.  If I had a choice, I would
> take
> those 4 players, rather than Jordan, although I hold Jordan in the
> highest
> regard, one reason because he has a great last name. :-)"
>
> "MJ is good but not GOD..." Hello ... McFly ... Have you watched him
> play ! He IS a basketball god You should be happy your alive at the
> same
> time he is running the hardwood.    If he can get 40M out of chicago
> more power to him ... he's made them rich and happy beyond their
> wildest
> dreams and deserves whatever he can get.

Actually there is more to the picture than meets the eye.  How does
Jordan get paid.  Who foots the bill, the Chicago Bulls, no.  Us the
fans in one way or another.   I have chosen not to have cable.  There
are a lot of good reasons for this.  But one result is that I do not get
to see many basketball games from the NBA.  Why, because the money comes
from cable!  Soon the game will move to pay per view to try to pay the
huge egos.  And then where will we fans be?  Paying $100 for a ticket in
the rafters.  Taking a family to a ball game costs what?  Parking,
refreshments, the tickets.  I bet you can't go for less than $200 if you
have four people in your family.  And what about the working class
people out there who buy the Nikes?  What about them?

Does Jordan, his agent or the Bulls give a damn about us fans?  No, and
we end up with spoiled brats like AW arguing with DJ and insulting him.
Blaming DJ, because he is a big baby trying to pad his stats.  No, the
game today is run by agents and spoiled children.  Why does Jordan need
or want $40,000,000.  Hell, I say the Bulls ought to not sign Jordan and
donate the money to the City of Chicago to pay cops and teachers.  That
would be a better use of the money.

This thread just shows that sports fans, agents and players have lost
touch with values.  And have turned them upside down.

Peace,
- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net