Rumors & signings

Wow! what a day a flurry of signings followed by a rumour of a three way
trade..what happend did the salary cap go up today?.

The 76ers are really on the move, if they aquire Seikally they would shore
up the center spot, but the irony is who the hell is going to pass the
ball. All of their first team guys pride themselves as scorers, Seikally is
a known black box and when he doesn't get the ball he sulks and whines.
Boy! Larry Brown takes some tough challenges..conversley if he gets some
kind of chemistry going they also have the potential to be very good in a
hurry.

Bentz had posed the question: Did we make a mistake and let Dino go?  Could
Pitino have salvaged  him?

Kukoc has survived because Jerry Krause loves him otherwise his survival
would have been impossible. In the playoffs one could see both Jordan and
Pippen openly snapping at him on the slightest of defensive lapses. Kukoc
probably is biding his time because neither jordan nor pippen will be
around after next year and then he will get to become the top Bull. (I also
feel that by giving importance to kukoc, jerry kind of shows Michael &
Scottie, who really is the boss).

Coming to Dino, looks like RP hated him from start, which may not be a good
thing from a managerial point of view but heck, it is also his ass on the
line. Right now the Boston media is endorsing his moves, but if these moves
don't translate into wins they will crucify him as quickly. We won't know
how all this pans out until the season starts because teams who get the
indication that their draftees will not sign with them will probably move
some of them. I don't know how, but have a feel that come 31st Oct, Pitino
will trade for one of these players.

                                                                    - Mishra