Re: Da Bulls. Again?!?

> Guess the league wants to see what Pitino can put together for this upcoming
> season.  The Celts start the 1997-98 season on Oct. 31, and the Opening Night
> schedule includes the Bulls visiting Boston.

That reminds me of how in last season's opener, with the Bulls playing
in the Fleetcenter (is this a trend now?), the Celtics were running all
over the place in the first half, forcing turnovers and were up by 20 at
one point, and by double digits at the half, then they fell asleep in
the 3rd quarter (fatigue? or something else?) or the Bulls woke up,
but it looked more like the Celtics just stop moving their feet, and
the Bulls did their thing and won by 9.

Hopefully this year Pitino will have them forcing turnovers for 48
minutes.

I notice also from the schedule that Jason posted that the Celtics
play the top 3 teams in the Eastern conference from last year, plus
the 7th place team (Orlando), in their first 4 games.  You may be
right, Jason, about the league wanting to put Pitino to the test right
away!  Or maybe they just want to try to break the Celtics spirit right
at the start.  Hopefully the Celtics can get a couple of wins in those
first 4 games.

Jon Mc