Re: Fox supporters

>No one wants to answer this question.Why isn't Fox being sought after by
>a lot of other teams?

The reason why Fox and a lot of other free agents aren't being sought by
teams is that the Salary Cap is going to expand by about $1.2 million
sometime in the next month, so teams (except people signing their own FA's,
and teams the C's and Hornets who appear to have know exactly who they
want) are waiting till then.

Fox is the type of player that could very well put a team like the Hawks or
Lakers over the top.  Sure he's no All-star, but a solid NBA veteran and a
great presence in the locker room (his appearance in "Eddie"
notwithstanding :-)

I don't think there's anyway Fox waits to come back to the C's. The only
way is if he starts the season not on an NBA team (a la Brian Williams last
year).  I think he wants to come back, but wants to play more.

One last thing.  I really believe that Pitino would have liked to keep Fox.
The problem was that their hands were really tied.  One, they couldn't
(and still haven't totally) get rid of Radja's salary.  Two, I think they
tried to stall signing Knight as long as possible, but he opened his big
mouth about being on the Celtics and the league said "sign him or lose
him".  The choice came down to waiting on clearing Dino's salary, risk
losing Knight and keeping Fox or losing Fox and keeping Knight regardless
of Dino's situation.

Pitino's not dumb, he knows what Fox would have given this team:  Defense,
veteran presence (now left to Dee and Dana), hustle and a great attitude.

Remember Fox came out 2 years ago and admitted that he was battling
Attention Deficit Disorder and was taking medication to try and correct it.
I think even the way he did this--not making excuses, just saying he was
fighting it--showed that he was a class act, a true Celtic.

Its a real shame we lost the only 2 players who could be called that off
last year's team (Eric and Toine are great players but haven't shown their
true Celticness to me yet.)

Mark
The Gainesville Celtic (living in Boston)