Re: Missing Fox

At 06:46 PM 7/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>How is this a personal attack?Dont I have the right to state my
>opinion?I am just tired of people wanting to hang on to players that are
>not that good!As I have stated too many times we had our WORST SEASON
>EVER!It was the players on this team that got us this record no matter
>what some of you will believe!I want a WINNER!Pitino will bring us a
>winner!That I am sure of!But first he must get rid of our garbage
>players!

I think the results of last year were the result of intentionally poor
coaching and lack of interior defense than the individual players faults.
IMO ML tanked last season on purpose. He, very intelligently, realized that
this year was one of the few where a team could snag an impact center
through the first pick of the draft. He intentionally traded the only player
we had close to a center(montross)--a brilliant move-- which, while yielding
two very talented players, left us with a gaping hole in our interior
defense. That  way he assured the celtics would net new talent while losing
at the same time.
        Rick Fox(and Wesley) had little to do with the celtics losing. Both
of them came to play every night. They played defense, Shot well and played
for the good of the team rather than individual accolade. Accusing Fox of
being the cause of the Celtics' losing, despite of bad coaching and poor
interior defense, is an ill founded statement. This statement is not a
flame; it is a rebuttal. Please do not misconstrue it.

Noah