Re: Celtics98==Suns97?

At 01:27 PM 7/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Phoenix is an up-tempo style team. They don't have a true Center. They
>have two pretty good guards (maybe three) in Kevin Johnson & Kidd
>(Chapman too?).
>
>Sounds kind of like the Celtics without pressing defense and two pretty
>good forwards, eh?

An interesting point, but there are a few disparaties between the teams.
Phoenix drew its strengths from extremely good penetrating passers and three
point shooters. The celtics have one, maybe two, passing penetraters(Antoine
and Billups) neither strikes me as being on par with Kidd or KJ(although I
may be wrong). On the topic of three point shooters, the Sun's had two
extremely good shooters(Person and Chapman). The celtics do have shooters
but they are either too small(Barros) or too limited in range(Mercer,Billups).
        The primary difference though is interior defense. While Williams
isn't an all-star he does play good interior defense; a real necessity after
watching the celtics last year. I doubt the celtics have anyone on his
level(although Knight and Declercq, too, may prove me wrong).

Noah