Re: Knight

> Offense:Although he doesn't have a post up game(that I've seen), he is
> extremely careful in his shot selection. He works the pick and roll well,
> setting a solid pick and then crashing the boards for a layup or
> offensive tip. He has a good mid-range(~15ft) jumper, either spot up or
> off one dribble. He takes the ball strong to the hole when he has an
> open lane.  And best of all he is a good offensive rebounder. He is
> intelligent going for an offensive board--he rarely jumps at the first
> opportunity, instead following the path of the ball and snaring it
> without jumping.

That is one of the reasons the Pitino got him.  For Ron Mercer. We all know
how Mercer loves to shoot on screens.  Knight is a bigman, and the Celtics
may try to do something with a '96 Kentucky-'89 Pistons mesh.  That is a
major bonus for Ron.   The other thing is that if Knight can stay out of
the paint, near the 3-point line, that will pull the opposing center out.
If he doesn't go out and guard Knight, then an illegal defense will be
called.  With no big man in the center, the Celtics can isolate, leaving
Chauncey Billups one-on-one with another point guard, ALA Allen Iverson.
With Knight staying out, that pretty much means that the 2 forwards,
Antoine and Eric/Vin will have to stay down low.  That WOULD make an
aquisition of Vin more valuable... I think Pitino has something up his
sleeve...

Another thing, with the big man out, that will mean that Antoine and
Eric/Vin won't be doubled up, which I thought was a noticeable flaw in
Antoine's game.  Antoine will mostly be lined up against small forwards,
and can use his post-up ability more, without having to worry about another
big body on him.  Travis Knight's versatility is what attracted Pitino.