Re: radja waived

> From: Marc Lamphier <lamphier@m.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
> OK, so what does it mean to be "waived"? My guess is that it means the
team
> relinquishes any rights to the player and that another team is free to
> negotiate and sign him. What does this mean in terms of salary --
> presumably the original team is still responsible for the player's
salary,
> unless another team signs the player , in which case it becomes
> complicated.

Absolutely right.

>  Can anybody be waived? If a player is signed to a 7-year $21
> million-dollar contract can the team change its mind the next day and
waive
> the player?  (just a hypothetical case)

Yes but the team will have to pay that 7 year 21 mill salary unless
somebody  claims the player of the waivers. After Waiver period is over and
nobody claims the player then the team that waived is on the hook for the
players entire salary and any team can sign the player for an NBA min
salary e.g. Marty Conlon who got 1.5 mill from Phoenix and 250,000 from the
C's
                                                                      -
Mishra