Re: Franchise players

> If Dee Brown is our most talented player we will be the favorites to win the
> lottery next year. I don't care how much experiece Antoine has - or how much
> he has yewt to develop - he contributed more last season than Dee ever has.
>
> George

I have to respectfully disagree with the last part.  Dee has contributed
more overall points, steals, bonehead plays, turnovers, etc overall.  In
one season, maybe Walker has more than Dee ever had in one season.  But
then again, stats don't mean squat for a losing team.  At least Dee
contributed to a playoff bound team.  Guess people have short
memories, Brown helped out the team a lot with his hustle and scrappy
play before his injury. Walker helped lead a team to
15 wins?  Give Walker a break.  If you label him a franchise player now,
you're demeaning the label.  If you wait till he actually contributes
something towards a winning basketball team, then the label will have some
merit.  Look at the people rightfully blasting Baker and Howard for not
leading their respective teams to any glory.  Walker hasn't had the chance
yet, but give him that chance first.  Franchise players win, they don't
pad stats.

As far as the first part, I have to agree, Williams and Ellison are
probably the most developed and well-rounded ball players on the team, but
that doesn't do much good with Pervis dressed in street clothes.  If
Antoine, Chauncy, and Ron don't end up the most developed ball players by
year's end, we'll be drooling over draft day once again.  Maybe we can
snag Bibby?

- -Jamey