Re: Question on Salary Cap

Timothy Jordan wrote:

> > I was just wondering, if the salary cap is $24 million or there abouts,
> how
> > can Jordan get $30 million for last year and a projected $35 million this
> > year?!
> > Just wondering
> > Ad
>
> Jordan got so much because a team can sign a player who played for any
> amount regardless of salary cap.  The thing I'm wondering about is: How
> could they sign Brian Williams or Robert Parrish.  MJ hogs up more than the
> salary cap so they can't acquire any players even if they played for the
> minimum.  The NBA salary cap is screwed.

Regardless of the cap a team can sign players to the minimum to fill out
the 12 roster spots. That is how Knight ended up with the Lakers last
year. Of course more often than not these are true 11th and 12th men
with no playing time to speak of. occasionally you do get the veteran
signing on for a run at the title. I.E the chief.

Art Silva